This course is suitable for individuals wishing to progress their career within the regulated advice sector. Typical roles they may wish to undertake or progress into include, but are not limited to:
• Financial Services Administrators
• Protection Advisers
• Mortgage Advisers
• Financial Advisers
• Successful candidates will have demonstrated their understanding of the different taxes applicable to savings and investment products and how they are taxed against income and capital gains on both an individual holding basis as well as within a trust environment.
• Candidates will also have a good understanding of how businesses are taxed against income tax, corporation tax and VAT.
• A good knowledge of inheritance taxes applicable to an estate and how retail clients can plan to mitigate and lawfully reduce the effects and impact of IHT.
• A good knowledge of offshore investment taxation against the taxes applicable to UK investments.
Candidates will investigate and demonstrate their understanding of the characteristics and the inherent risks of different investments, the behaviour and correlation of asset classes, and different investment products.
They will have studied the macro-economic environment and its impact on asset classes, the merits and limitations of the main investment theories, also the nature and impact of the main types of risk on investment performance and the methods used in managing the performance of investments.