The IF10 module is relevant to anyone working for an insurance company, broker or reinsurer and who has a direct or indirect interest in the role of an underwriter. The qualification can be undertaken by apprentices, new or experienced employees.
These include understanding:
• The insurance broking market
• The role and responsibilities of the insurance broker
• The law of contract and agency as it relates to insurance broking
• The key legal and regulatory issues which affect insurance brokers
• The key financial, conduct and cultural issues which affect insurance brokers
The IF10 module is optional for the CII level 3 Certificate in Insurance. It is suitable for those working directly in an insurance broking role. This could include those working in a customer service, sales or delegated authority management environment. It provides a more detailed understanding of the role of a broker and how they add knowledge and value for both clients and insurers. The teaching provided will equip a learner to both pass the IF10 exam and to apply the knowledge gained in their daily working role.