This course is suitable for individuals wishing to progress their career within the regulated advice sector. Typical roles they may wish to undertake or progress into include, but are not limited to:
• Financial Services Administrators
• Protection Advisers
• Mortgage Advisers
• Financial Advisers
• Successful candidates will have demonstrated their understanding of the different taxes applicable to savings and investment products and how they are taxed against income and capital gains on both an individual holding basis as well as within a trust environment.
• Candidates will also have a good understanding of how businesses are taxed against income tax, corporation tax and VAT.
• A good knowledge of inheritance taxes applicable to an estate and how retail clients can plan to mitigate and lawfully reduce the effects and impact of IHT.
• A good knowledge of offshore investment taxation against the taxes applicable to UK investments.
Candidates will demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of
the basic structure of the UK tax system. They will study the main
taxes on income and capital gains that may be charged on
individuals and trusts as well as the self-assessment system and how
tax liabilities are computed.
Candidates will also gain good knowledge of the taxes applicable to
the self-employed and Limited Companies, including the basics of
Corporation Tax and VAT.
Other areas include the taxation of savings and investments as
relevant to the needs and circumstances of individuals and trusts, as
well as inheritance tax applicable to individuals.